News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

General Question: Cases for Foreigners

Josef Rietveld

Dear Forumites, a general question.

Over the years i have seen several japanese order cases for foreigners (gold on lacquer, tassels in red (Rising Sun) or darkblue (Sacred Treasue). Finally i now got an affordable one from italy.

Are there still different cases for foreigners ? i don't think so but i'am not sure. I know this cases from before 1914 and showa pre-1945. I have seen a 3rd class Risung Sun Order a french NATO-General got in the 1970ies and that was a standard black case. Does anybody know if and when the japanese chanced this?

generally i think this cases are a bit rare, because the don't appear to often on the market.

regards

Josef

Dear Forumites, a general question.

Over the years i have seen several japanese order cases for foreigners (gold on lacquer, tassels in red (Rising Sun) or darkblue (Sacred Treasue). Finally i now got an affordable one from italy.

Are there still different cases for foreigners ? i don't think so but i'am not sure. I know this cases from before 1914 and showa pre-1945. I have seen a 3rd class Risung Sun Order a french NATO-General got in the 1970ies and that was a standard black case. Does anybody know if and when the japanese chanced this?

generally i think this cases are a bit rare, because the don't appear to often on the market.

regards

Josef

Foreigners now get the same case as Japanese recipients. The latest attributed item I have seen in the tassled case came from the Taisho era and was a Sacred Treasure 4th Class. I agree that the tassled cases are pretty hard to find. They are easier to find outside Japan than inside, which is not surprising given that the recipients were foreigners.