News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Antique firearms collection

njaw

Good day all.

As a newbie to this excellent site, and an amateur collector of antique firearms, I thought I'd share a few pictures of my pistol collection.

I started collecting approximately 6 years ago and have slowly added to the collection as funds permit. I have met many interesting people along the way, have made a few mistakes here and there and have still a lot to learn but the hooby offers so much to keep oneself entertained.

Collecting and researching antique guns ticks so many boxes! They are works of art in their own right; they actually do something; and they are steeped in history. What more can one want?

I stick mainly to English pieces (although I do own a couple of original Colt revolvers - couldn't resist) and although I promised myself that I would stick to pistols, I have already started to edge my way down the slippery slope of military longarms! My poor wife!!

I hope you like them.

http://img69.imagesh...rspepperbox.jpg

kind regards

Nick

Nick - in a short time you have put together an excellent representitive collection. I was particularly impressed with their condition - you have chosen well.

Two small points which would have made your presentation here a little more forceful - put each pistol on as a separate thread. I have noticed quite a few members do the link bit - but, it doesn't make the same impact - or, get the attention that individual pictures do. The other advantage is that you can tailor the description to go with the picture - rather then just a heading.

This does not detract - in any way - from the collection and we must hope you will continue to show the other pieces you mention. Mervyn

Nick - in a short time you have put together an excellent representitive collection. I was particularly impressed with their condition - you have chosen well.

Two small points which would have made your presentation here a little more forceful - put each pistol on as a separate thread. I have noticed quite a few members do the link bit - but, it doesn't make the same impact - or, get the attention that individual pictures do. The other advantage is that you can tailor the description to go with the picture - rather then just a heading.

This does not detract - in any way - from the collection and we must hope you will continue to show the other pieces you mention. Mervyn

Thanks for the advice Mervyn, some good points there.