News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Napoleon I - Souvenirs?

Owen

I wanted to share these two small pendants, which I guess were relatively cheap souvenirs of Napoleon I dating to the late part of the 19th century (maybe for Waterloo Battlefield tourists of the time?). They are both tiny (the Napoleon/Josephine pendant is the larger at 2.5 cm diameter). If you know anything about them, I would be interested to know.

FaceSide2-HallmarkonRing.jpgRear.jpg

Napoleon1.jpgNapoleon2.jpg

I wanted to share these two small pendants, which I guess were relatively cheap souvenirs of Napoleon I dating to the late part of the 19th century (maybe for Waterloo Battlefield tourists of the time?). They are both tiny (the Napoleon/Josephine pendant is the larger at 2.5 cm diameter). If you know anything about them, I would be interested to know.

Hello Monkey

Don't be disappointed by the lack of answers to your post. These are not, as you certainly expect to be told, awards of any kind. They are small souvenir gadgets.

The Napoleon I one sided "medal" may well be one of the many small things sold in Corsica in memory of their favorite son.... among other things.

The other item with portraits of both Napoleon & Josephine is probably something similar, possibly a little older. The portrait of Josephine is quite attractive.

This is the best I can offer.

Veteran

Hello Monkey

Don't be disappointed by the lack of answers to your post. These are not, as you certainly expect to be told, awards of any kind. They are small souvenir gadgets.

The Napoleon I one sided "medal" may well be one of the many small things sold in Corsica in memory of their favorite son.... among other things.

The other item with portraits of both Napoleon & Josephine is probably something similar, possibly a little older. The portrait of Josephine is quite attractive.

Veteran

Hello Monkey

Veteran

Thanks for taking the time to reply, your observations are helpful in understanding the items (tourist tat!). I realise that 'knick knacks' such as these will be of very limited interest (perhaps only me!), so I'm not too disappointed by the lack of other responses. Thanks again.