Decorations for Border Patrols

TacHel

Below are decorations that were bestowed by the Border Service of Russia (1994-2003) and that ae still bestowed to this day (according to Russian friends), unchanged, by the Border Guard Service of the FSB. They are bestowed following a set number of patrols along the borders of the Russian Federation. A patrol consists of two four hour outings in a 24 hour period.

Note: some Russian colleagues on other forums claimed these were nothing more than unofficial badges purchased by post commanders or the border guards themselves... These claims fell silent once I found the official site of the Border Guard Service of the FSB where they are prominently displayed with the other awards.

BADGE FOR 50 PATROLS

This particular variant is also available in most markets. I am unsure if it is a new version for the FSB, an unadopted prototype or simply yet another variant. If anybody has some data on this subject, I would really appreciate it.