News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ma'an Medal (A New Purchase for my Private Collection)

Guest IMHF

Hello everyone just wanted to share with you a new medal I added to my private collection today.

-Ma’an Miniature Medal (was part of a Private collection)

Some of the Flaws that were picked out from a friend were that the:

*Ribbon has a Dark blue center and not black

*The gilt has been removed from the face of the star portion of the medal

I would like to hear some comments on my new added piece; I am still looking for a full size medal to add to my collection.

Thank you very much for viewing

Lorenzo

-I think that the medal was cleaned which caused the Gilt to be removed and the ribbon black portion to turn dark blue?

What do you all think??

Lorenzo

I have a question; I was wondering if I add the gold finish to the star will it affect the value of this medal.

-I want to take the piece to a jeweler and have the gold plating put back onto the medal; does anyone know what karat of gold should be added?? Or what tone of gold should be on the stare portion of the medal.

I have seen a few of these medals in the large size and the gilt on them is very dark I would like to know what I Gold I should add to make it back to its original finish.

I look forward to hearing some comments and again thank you for viewing

Lorenzo

I would guess 14K would be more durable, but given the cruder state of local Arab metallurgy in the 1920s I'd bet it was 20K. originally.

I would like to find out what the tone of gold truly was so I can add the Gold back onto the piece; I will keep all paperwork that the Jeweler gives me with a description of the medal for my collection purposes.

Thank you for the help

Lorenzo

I have a question for all who view, the ribbon colors do not match that of the original medal. Can you tell me what medals out there would of had this color ribbion?

-I dont think the Ribbon was replaced I think the cleaning caused it to turn a dark blue any information would be great. I am asking if this ribbon was taken off what Medal to put on this one.

Thank you

Lorenzo

• 2 weeks later...