News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Can anyone help please x

<p>Can anyone please help me, with identifying if these medals were issued twice during the Great War......and if these were issued at the start or during the war. Unfortunately the original medals were stolen, so I only have these dress medals left.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Thanks guys xhttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_02_2012/post-13339-0-17566500-1329667196.jpg</p>

Hi - Claire . Gee , you believe in keeping us busy, I've deleted the other 4 posts.

This is a set of First World War medals - the star has the 1914 date , which means he saw service between Aug 5 and the end of November 1914.

What a pity you don't have the original full size set - they are worth a fair amount. They would have been issued after the end of the War in 1918.

Do you have any idea of the name of the recipient or, his unit. One of our members may be able to help with research.

1. British 1914 Mons Star, issued mainly to men who served in the British Expeditionary Force (B.E.F.)

2. British War Medal 1914 - 1920.

3. British version of the Inter-Allied Victory Medal.

The latter two were issued after the war ended.

If you know the Name / Military Service Number / of the original receipiant you can research their service online,

you can also post on some Forums like the British Medals Forum or The Great War Forum

that they have been stolen (there is always the chance they might be located.)

Kevin in Deva.

Thankyou guys, you never fail me ..... Your knowledge is amazing x thankyou for deleting the copies of my post..... Sorry!!! Kept saying i had to re post.... But the computer was tricking me as had posted in secret x thank you x

The medals belonged to Thomas Bowley, Band Master, Essex Regiment?

Thomas was my step-fathers father, born in 1886 in Hampshire. He lied about his age when he joined up and added 2 years to his age.

You are stars, thankyou, Claire x