News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Superb 1st World War Group

*********************************************http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2012/post-6209-0-82104800-1331484269.jpg****************************************

I have been lucky in the past few weeks to have several very good groups come-in. This is probably

my favourite - although some of the others are also special. They will be posted in due course.

One of the nice things with this group were the number of small items that came with-it. I have

made several posts with them, on Forums out side of British. There is a badge under Belgium

and two original arm bands I asked for confirmation on member's valuations - one of them SS

with the original badge.

The Group has 5 medals in total - he was in a number of Regiments and Corps - and until his

papers are drawn I can't be sure. There is mention of the Royal Scots and this may have been

the unit he first joined. He was certainly in the Royal Horse Artillery and stationed in India when

he was awarded the Delhi Durbar Medal. He was awarded the Mons Star with Bar for being under

fire between August 5th. and November 22 nd. 1914. This is shown for the RHA.

His war Medal and Victory are as a Gunner in the Royal Artillery. For the 2nd World War he was

awarded the Defence Medal.

Between the Wars he was a Mounted Police Officer in the Essex Constabulary and was on duty for

the 1937 Coronation Procession. There are some interesting mementos from the Coronation and

I will post these on our Police section.

There is a badge for the Military Police and it is possible that he served with them - although he only

had the Defence Medal. However, this could explain how he had access to genuine German items ?

SOME OF THE BADGES THAT WERE IN THE BOX. DEVONSHIRE REGT.; RHA ;

RS (ROYAL SCOTS) ROYAL MILITARY POLICE. THE LOWER CENTRAL ONE

IS PROBABLY HIS WIFE WHO SERVED IN A LICENSED CANTEEN. ARTILLERY ;

ST. JOHN'S ARM BAND FOR POLICE UNIFORM + HIS RELIGIOUS MEDALS.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2012/post-6209-0-15147500-1331486283.jpgCLICK TO ENLARGE

Under Post 5 there is a picture of a badge his wife wore. I meant to include these Red Cross

Badges - issued by Essex. These must have been her 2nd WW service.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2012/post-6209-0-68925800-1331906159.jpgCLICK TO ENLARGE