News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Austrian-Hungarian ribbon bar

drspeck

Hi all,

Today I received the following item, please take a look at the pictures.

According to the seller this is the ribbon bar of one Oberstleutnant Felix Anders. The following is a list of the decorations according to the seller:

1. The first position has been glued for some unknown reason, with a piece of cloth. Perhaps this could have been a fascist decoration that could not have been worn after 1945.
    2. Hungary - Ungarischer Verdienstorden Offizierskreuz (1930-1938).
    3. Austria (Kaiserreich) - Orden der Eisernen Krone III. Klasse mit Kriegsdekoration und Schwertern.
    4. Hungary - Ungarischer Verdienstorden Ritterkreuz (1930-1938).
    5. Austria (Kaiserreich) - Militärverdienstkreuz III. Klasse mit Kriegsdekoration und Schwertern.
    6. Austria (Kaiserreich) - Bronzene Militärverdienstmedaille mit Schwertern (Signum Laudis), Kaiser Karl.
    7. Austria (Kaiserreich) - Bronzene Militärverdienstmedaille mit Schwertern (Signum Laudis), Kaiser Karl.
    8. Austria (Kaiserreich) - Bronzene Militärverdienstmedaille mit Schwertern (Signum Laudis), Kaiser Franz Joseph.
    9. Hungary - Bronzene Medaille mit der Krone am grünen Militärband (Signum Laudis) (1930-1945).
    10. Austria (Kaiserreich) - Karl Truppen Kreuz (1916).
    11. Hungary - Frontkämpferkreuz (Auflage fehlt) (1941-1945).
    12. Hungary - Kriegserinnerungsmedaille mit Schwertern für Frontkämpfer für 1914-1918 (1929).
    13. Hungary - Offiziersdienstzeichen (1923-1945).
    14. Hungary - Oberungarische Erinnerungsmedaille am rotblauen Band (1938).
    15. Hungary - Siebenbürgische Erinnerungsmedaille am blauen Band (1940).
    16. Bulgaria - Militärverdienstorden.
    17. Bulgaria - Kriegserinnerungsmedaille für Frontkämpfer 1915-1918 (1933).
    18. Austria (1. Republik) - Kriegserinnerungsmedaillefür Kriegsteilnehmer mit Schwerter 1914-1918 (Auflage fehlt) (1932).
    19. Austria (1. Republik) - Tiroler Landesverteidigungsmedaille 1914-1918 (1928).

Any thoughts about authenticity?

Can anyone confirm the decorations?

Can anyone confirm the name?

What would have been on the first position for decoration?

Any help appreciated :)

Regards. Peter.

• 1 month later...

The name is surely wrong. The owner was Hungarian but Felix Anders not served like officer in WWII Hungarian Army. Furthermore it is a German name.

Hi Mark,

Well, this is the name that came with the bar, but apparently you've got more information which you are willing to share with us?

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

sadly I can't say any certain but in a Hungarian militaria forum was a conversation about this ribbon.

The gentlemen there mentioned two possible names: Maj. Gen. vitéz Zoltán Kozma and Maj. Gen. Ferenc Lóskay. Lóskay have a bit more chance because he owned bulgarian Militärverdienstorden, and he died in Germany.

The conversation: http://www.erdemrendek-kituntetesek.hu/tartalom/szalags%C3%A1v-3

Hi Mark,

Very cool, thanks for sharing :jumping: I wouldn't have been able to find that information myself :beer:

Hi Peter,

sadly I can't say any certain but in a Hungarian militaria forum was a conversation about this ribbon.

The gentlemen there mentioned two possible names: Maj. Gen. vitéz Zoltán Kozma and Maj. Gen. Ferenc Lóskay. Lóskay have a bit more chance because he owned bulgarian Militärverdienstorden, and he died in Germany.

The conversation: http://www.erdemrend...om/szalagsáv-3