News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Military Uniform Identification

Hi, I recently came across an old picture of a German military man when going through my grandpa's things. I think it may be his cousin but I am unsure. I was wondering if anyone could identify the type of uniform and the war or time period it is from so that I can better identify the person in the picture. I know nothing about uniforms so any information would be helpful. I believe the man's last name is Hoffman. I also think it may be from WWII because I remember hearing a story about a German relative being a POW during WWII, but again I am not sure. I will attach the picture. The back of the picture has so German writing printed on it that I am assuming is from the photographer that I could add later if it would help since I have a limited upload capacity. Thanks for any and all help.

The uniform is Hungarian dating to the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The picture was taken by the photographer DIVALD KÁROLY fia in the Hungarian town of Esperjes around the beginning of World War I.

Post it in the Austro-Hungarian section and the Gentlemen there can give you better info on the date and type of uniform.

Edited by Naxos