News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown CSSR Badge? Radar?

Hi Lion,

That is a "Vojenska Vysoka Technicka Škola" or Military technical School badge, it dates from the 1990's. Let me see if I can translate some of the info I have and i'll post it.

Edited by rakkasan

...it dates from the 1990's

OOPS....... :banger: the caption under the photo in my source ( Ceskoslovenske a Ceske Vojenske Odznaky 1922-1997 - ZDENĚK KRUBL) describes these badges as being from 1992, however after translating the description it seems they were issued beforehand, here's the translation (google translator so bear with me),

"... badges for students of military colleges. They are made of anodized aluminum and have a width of 25 mm and height 43 mm (+ / - 1 mm). Attached to the uniform by a bolt nut. Validity of wearing these badges were terminated by 31/08/1991."

Well, it was issued until 1991 but no information is given as to when it was originally issued. Maybe someone else can help determine when this badge was issued...1970's - 1980's maybe?

Edited by rakkasan

Thank you for your help. Your the first person who had given me an answer out of the post I have made on other forums. I want to say this badge was issued in 1972 when the leader of the CSSR at the time, redid the education system across the board.