News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New things I've bought

I've bought 3 more non military related items over the last few weeks, the first is yet another watch, I think I have about 15 watches now. This one is a Soviet made Pobeda from the 1st Moscow watch factory, made in January 1951 and its time keeping is a match for any modern day quartz.

Tony

This is a pocket barometer with altimeter, made in Praque before 1918, it came with its case that clicks shut as it would have done the day it was made. It appears to be working just as well as the watch above and the instructions on how to use it are still in the case under the barometer.

Tony

I'm very pleased with this purchase, it's a no name 3 draw telescope dating roughly from the late Victorian era. Only about 60cm when extended but the optics are quite good, I can clearly see things on the horizon I can't see with my own eyes. I'll have to take it to the beach to spot some ships.

You'll have to click on all 3 photos to see them in any detail.

Tony

Edited by Tony

Hi Tony. Three nice pieces, I particularly liked the pocket telescope. Probably an officer's private purchase. You

have to wonder if it saw service ?

Have you seen the new member posting under Web Sites to introduce his new site on old watches. Perhaps you

can get him to join-in ? Mervyn

Hello Mervyn,

Yes I’ve seen the post and have been on the site.

I’m very pleased with the telescope, I tried comparing it to 7-35x50 binoculars, it has roughly an equvalant focus to the binoculars when set to 7, I can even see cars moving over a distance of about 10-15km on a sunny day although they’re not very clear at that distance. Excellent for a pocket telescope.

Tony