News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

help required with mons star trio 3rd hussars

Hi guys,

I never cease to be amazed at the wealth of knowledge I come across on here...So here I go again with another cry for help...

I would like to know how to establish if a mons star is eligible for the clasp and rosette. The medals I am asking about are for a private in the 3rd the kings own hussars. On his MIC it states he entered the theatre of war on the 09/09/1914. From what little I know I believe they fought in northern france and saw action from day one. He survived for a further 16 months. As usual I am very gratefull for any help. kind regards chris

Hi paul, no mention on C & R on the mic, but I have had a 1914 trio before which i posted on here and there was no mention of C & R on that MIC but after help from the knowledge bank here it turned out that it was eligible for the clasp and rosette.. chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Chris,

If the soldier was not serving in Oct 1919 when the clasp was sanctioned he had to apply by means of an official form - a lot of men couldn't be bothered.

Damian

That's correct, many couldn't be bothered. Apart from that only the next of kin of those killed automatically received the C & R.

Tony

Edited by Tony