News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help wanted regarding Royal Regiment of Fusiliers history.

This will probably sound a wee bit nuts, but please bear with me. :)

I'm completely new to this forum but essentially I'm an Instructor with the Army Cadets. We're going to be recapbadging very shortly to Royal Regiment of Fusiliers and I've come up with the idea of making in 1/6th scale the uniforms of the regiment all the way back to it's very beginnings.

That probably sounds completely bonkers already, but add to that I've never modelled in 1/6th before, and have no idea about the history of the regiment itself yet, I'm starting to think I've bitten off way more than I can chew. Considering I'm a stubborn sod though, I will do it.

I'm aware that this is not the modelling forum so I'll be posting things in there relative to that, but what I really need some help with is the actual history and regiments that came before the amalgamation of the RRF. I know that prior to the amalgamation, there were four fusilier regiments: Lancashire Fusiliers, Royal Warwickshire Fusiliers, Royal Northumberland Fusiliers and Royal Fusiliers (City of London). I also know that at some point in time, they were also numbered the 5th, 6th, 7th and 20th of Foot Regiments but other than this, it's still very murky.

Ideally what I'd like is some kind of timeline with the names of the regiments as they've been changed in what time period but I know it's a big ask. I'm not getting very far at all with it since I've been looking so in sheer desperation, I'm asking here because I really want to make these as accurate as possible.

Thanks for any help you can all give me, it'll be very much appreciated. :)

• 2 weeks later...

You'll find a great deal of what you need to know from-

<http://web.archive.org/web/20080108080429/http://www.regiments.org/regiments/index.htm#table>

not always infallible- particularly with regard to the Fifth's conversion to fusiliers!- but with the added satisfaction of putting the material together yourself , which means it should stick in your memory the better for passing it on to your young charges (Poor lambs!)

• 3 weeks later...