News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

inspector in th CO division B branch

Guest pikemedals

Guest pikemedals

today i won off ebay a 1911 coronation metpolitan police medal named to ps j davey.i got the surname davey policeorders print out.so i got his warrant number 90988. i see that he was most of his time was in co division with the PCB public carriage branch.then in 1920 he was made up to a inspector in th co division with B branch.in 1929 pensioned with B branch.so can anyone tell what was B branch in the commisioner's office please paul

The Met was essentially organised into departments ABCD up until the re-organisation by Commissioner Newman in t he 1980s. B department or branch had responsibility for transport including traffic police, communications within the Force ( Information Room at NSY which dealt with 999 calls), lost property, public carriage office ( Cabs) It also supervised public utilities roadworks.The transport of prisoners to and from police stations, courts, prisons etc. In all a host of admin functions that did not fall readily into "A" department - operational uniform policing, "C"- Crime, intelligence, investigation and "D" personnel and training. The departments of the Met did not change in their designations from Edwardian times until Newman. Obviously their functions expanded and changed in detail but their core functions remained unaltered.

Hope this helps.

Bengullion

Guest pikemedals

many thanks bengullion. on the policeorders the went from PCO to B3 branch.do you know what was B3 in the B department paul