News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kevin - the leather sabretache is of a pattern usually for staff officers - and not attached to a Regiment. You will find that the back opens

and it has puches for despatches, notes etc..

I have had a quick look for the 7th. - I thought Hussars but , it doesn't match. Perhaps someone else will have an idea ? Mervyn

Peter - at 400 mag. the Crown looks like an early Georgian - the side are straight, rather then the curved ones from the later part of the 18th C.

There is of course a chance that it is foreign - Kevin must tell us about the buttons - again the details are not clear. Mervyn

• 2 weeks later...

7th is a french napoleonic chassuers a cheval, but is a theatre or reenactment copy.
    Lace looks to be modern granby pattern and the fringe ouround the outside looks like a mylar thread rather than a proper metal thread or bullion drop you'd see on the originals.

Andrew - welcome to GMIC. Thankyou for the identification which was giving a problem. You have been of great help for

this and the other post on belt plates.

Are you a collector of these items ? I hope you will be able to post some good items from your own collection ? Mervyn