News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello fellow-forummembers,

Last weekend I found a nice fleamarket in Germany, and I was able to buy these two items there for a few euro's.

The first item is a nice reservist schnappsflask. Can anyone identify the regiment? I believe it should be the 5th Rheinisches Infanterie-Regiment nr. 65 (http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/IR_65)? And what does 'Corsten' mean, is it the name of the reservist?

The second item I bought is a big portrait of a German soldier wearing a EK2 ribbon. Can anyone say something about his unit or uniform? I also found a basket for WWII 10,5cm le.F.H. cartridges, but that's not relevant for this topic. Hope you guys like my new items!

Nice finds.

Almost each time I went to a German flea market they were full of old clothes and rubbish so whenever I'm there I don't bother. I'll be in Germany later this year and will make a point of checking out a market again.

Tony

Thanks guys! Lot's of markets I go to only have rubbish too, but sometimes you can find the good stuff. The most items you'll find are shellcasings in this area, most from WWII. Next weekend I'm going to another fleamarket, so if I find anything I'll post it here ;)

Hi guys,

I visited another market yesterday, and found some cool stuff again! This time also some rare ww2 finds.

1936 artillery aiming prize (3 place), kyffhäuserbund medal and miniature, and a ribbon bar including the ribbon for the Turkish 'Order of Osmanieh', am I correct on this one?

Reverse of the ribbon bar:

And the kyffhäuserbund miniature and ribbons:

Reverse:

Reverse of the aiming prize:

Furthermore, I found two interesting books, one on Moltke and a very optimistic 'history' of the World War from 1916.

'Moltke, Mensch und Feldherr' by Eckart von Naso

And 'Illustrierte Geschichte des Weltkreiges 1914-1916'

The last WW1 item I found was a framed document for a Belgian WW1 medal for POW's. I'm sorry for the bad picture.

Now for some WW2 stuff. The first item I came across was a German vehicle wirecutter.

Also, I found a k98 bore cleaning chain

And the rarest find from the market was this Waffenambt market Fu51 bakelite carbide lantern used by the Wehrmacht.

Hope you guys like it! :)