News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Tschako Mecklenburgisches Jäger-Bataillon Nr.14

An M95 Tschako for Großherzoglich Mecklenburgisches Jäger-Bataillon Nr.14
    A few months ago, it was time to find this rarity. After a 10 year search, this little fella showed up at a militaria show and once again, I was unable to resist the fatal attraction :banger: . Maybe it’s an addiction or a desease :whistle:
    One doesn’t find a Tschako for the Großherzoglich Mecklenburgisches Jäger-Bataillon Nr.14 every day… there were only a few units from this Grand Duchy. The Feldzeichen is kinda unique because it’s checkered instead of only one color.
    It’s just to bad this Tschako has taken a hit which resulted in a damaged wappen and a dented shell… but that’s part of the history and I’m happy with that…
    Enjoy the pictures,
    Adler 1
    mfnz.jpg
    l9vm.jpg
    09yi.jpg
    vrdh.jpg
    ms59.jpg
    8ov3.jpg
    ceba.jpg
    Edited by Adler 1

Guest Rick Research

It's NOT a disease. In case you need to "justify" this to another, unsympathetic member of your household (as many of us do) then I would say:

You are a philanthropist, doing a great service to the collecting planet... by showing us things that we will never see otherwise.

That makes us HAPPY... which is a very GOOD thing indeed in this 21st century. :whistle:

The quality and condition of your collection is impressive. Far too many times I've heard people paying huge amounts of money for things in awful condition justify their expense as "there isn't anything else out there." Can there be anything more disheartening than "filler" collectors?

Everything you've shown us has been Top Stuff.

Thank you for improving our day !!!

Thank you very much gentlemen!

Ahh... a philanthropist making other collectors happy... that's a very good way to explain things ;) . Always glad to have improved your day!

Bernhard, good you found the Jg.Btl. 10, that's also not so easy to encounter...

Adler 1

Though I typically don't comment on such lovely headgear (I have no expertise), I do very much admire the fine pieces that you show us. Most of these rarities are never seen by the average collector over a lifetime of collecting. Thanks for your efforts to produce such detailed photographs for us all to enjoy.

Chip