News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen,

The name of this Bavarian General has escaped me to date, and that is mostly due to the fact that i have absolute zero on the Bavarian Army.

I would be most grateful for any assistance in helping to identify my General.

Regards,

Ian

Guest Rick Research

That appears to be the double-knight (***) Maximilian Ritter von Höhn (1859-1936) in an especially understaed get up--since he had virtually everything.

***He was first ennobled as "Ritter von" in 1911 by bestowal of the Bavarian Civil Merit Order. He would have been ennobled with the same title (if he had not already been) when decorated with the Military Max Joseph Order in September 1914.

Is that an original photo or?....

Rick,

Fantastic! Thank you.

The picture I posted is a slightly resized postcard. I basically cut the top quarter off (a mere plain background)

Post stamped 13.8.16.11-12. S.B. 9. Komp.111./ L.I.R. 6

Regards,

Ian