News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi All,

My friend just got this badge but totally have no idea what it is and where it from.

Any information would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Regards,

Dan

Edited by danio

Hi - Dan. I hope this can be identified for you - however British Medals is probably not the right place to

get a lot of attention. Just above the Lounge you will find a Forum for specific enquiries. Let's hope

someone recognises the motif. Mervyn

A quick Google search shows that the motto "In hoc signo vinces" is a Latin for "in this sign you will conquer". Religious connections, especially with Freemasonry and Knights Templar. According to a wiki: "The symbol is also associated with Freemasony specifically the Knight Templar degree of the York Rite of Freemasonry. The symbol is also known as "Knight Templars Blood-Red Passion Cross and Crown". The cross and crown symbol is often surrounded by the phrase "In Hoc Signo Vinces", which is Latin for "By this sign thou shalt conquer".

150px-Knights_Templar_Logo_%28Freemasonr

Interestingly, according to another wiki, the motto has been adopted by many military units. However, I suspect this is a Freemason associated piece.

A quick Google search shows that the motto "In hoc signo vinces" is a Latin for "in this sign you will conquer". Religious connections, especially with Freemasonry and Knights Templar. According to a wiki: "The symbol is also associated with Freemasony specifically the Knight Templar degree of the York Rite of Freemasonry. The symbol is also known as "Knight Templars Blood-Red Passion Cross and Crown". The cross and crown symbol is often surrounded by the phrase "In Hoc Signo Vinces", which is Latin for "By this sign thou shalt conquer".

150px-Knights_Templar_Logo_%28Freemasonr

Interestingly, according to another wiki, the motto has been adopted by many military units. However, I suspect this is a Freemason associated piece.

These are really helpful!

Thank you so much, IrishGunner.