News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Identifiable-to-be Medal Bar 11: Frackspange ?Kriegsministerium

Guest Rick Research

What, you all thought I don't have "3 A.M." bars too?

This one has bugged me even longer than Claudio #4

Iron Cross 2nd Class combatant

Prussian Red Eagle Order 4

1897 Centenary Medal

Saxon War Effort Cross

Württemberg Wilhelmskreuz X

Oldenburg Friedrich August Cross 2nd Class combatant ribbon

So what does this tell us?

1) On active military service 22.03.97. Had enough rank--in or out of uniform, though?--to acquire a RAO4--so lucky Haupotmann or Major with no XXV yet equivalent status and did NOT have enough military time even after the war for a 1920 XXV

2) Saw some combat, or was one of those mutant "for war merit in the homeland" types, even for the ugly unloved black painted OK2

3) Unfortunately the ONLY part of the WKzX Roll missing is that for Prussins :banger: and the utterly vague Saxon SK as well :banger:

The general "drift" of these awards from other known groups would be some sort of War Ministry paper shuffler. I am certain he could NOT have been in continuous service from 1896 on because there is no long service award. This guy was aD and came back for war's duration only. The RAO4 may have been for aa civilian day job pre 1914.

Without the WKzX and SK Rolls, dead in the water and hopeless.

Edited by Rick Research