News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Minenwerfer units ... what should I look for?

I guess I've been reading too much Boonzaier... I've decided to add a couple Minenwerfer items to my collection. Any special Minenwerfer units I should look for? Or is one mortarman like any other?

My current default is to look for a unit in a particular battle...although I haven't decided which one.

It just so happens that I know where a Minenwerfer unit marked Imperial Artillery Luger, complete rig including original shoulder stock is. Interested????

While I am sure that's a fantastic item, I'm not a rich single man like you Ed. :whistle: I think my wife would prefer I stick to a photo... :unsure:

Light Minenwerfer photos are the most common by far, as it was added to the compliment of the infantry regiment. Before that, all units had been from the pioneer branch. You might want to search for photos of the two larger caliber versions.

Chip

• 5 weeks later...

Light Minenwerfer photos are the most common by far, as it was added to the compliment of the infantry regiment. Before that, all units had been from the pioneer branch. You might want to search for photos of the two larger caliber versions.

Chip

Took your advice and scored this one just before Christmas...

Appears to be training on the 17cm mittlerer Minenwerfer. On the reverse is written: "Ladehemmung eines mittleren Minenwerfers" If it really was a misfire, I think they wouldn't be taking pictures; thus, my conclusion it's training. Note the guy with the leather sleeve standing on the right.

That's what I have, is that a minenwerfer or are they just setting up a mousetrap?

The picture is signed "No. 119" on the back. May be the 119 minenwerfer kompagnie?

By the way - check out this interesting list and article, it may be sometime helpful:

http://www.grensland-docs.nl/brondocumenten/minenwerfer-kompagnien-1914-1918/

http://www.grensland-docs.nl/brondocumenten/formationsgeschichte-minenwerfer-1914-1918/

minenwerfer.jpg

Edited by Marcin L