News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW2 Badges and Braid

Last week an old customer from the shop brought these WW2 Italian badges and gold bullion

insignia. I bought them and will be interested on your views - are there any of great interest,

do any of them have value ? I thought the bullion ones were interesting.

I know in recent years a lot of collectors have turned from German material with it's problems,

and have started looking for Italian material. Despite South Africa being one of the armies that Italian troops surrendered to in Abysinnia, our men were useless at 'looting' and brought little back of value.

We had a number of Italian POW camps and after the war many elected to stay here and become

citizens. At Pietermaritzburg - about 80 kms. from Durban the old camp still stands - as does the chapel and the Alter Pieces made from scrap metal.

I look forward to any comments. Mervyn

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_02_2014/post-6209-0-07233300-1393495584.jpgclick

Hello Mervyn. I can't Id all of what you have but I can point out a few things. The insignia with the star with cross in the middle is a medical insignia. The bullion in the bottom row (3rd going left to right) is the royal finance guard. The insignia made with black cloth are late war issue. I like your Ethiopian ribbon bars.