News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I’ve just bought a few cards (25 in total) which all seem to have been sent home from the same man, he appears to have served in Inf. Regiment 361 as the number is sewn to his pickelhaube cover.
    Can anyone help me out with his rank in the pictures below?
    The man pictured in near enough all 25 photos is Arthur Ramm and he mentions he’s lucky enough to have a photographer in his unit, I don’t know if a peacetime amateur photographer is meant or an official war photographer but Arthur is pictured obviously at the beginning of the war without any awards, with the 2nd class Iron Cross, the 1st class cross and then as a POW in Handforth POW camp near Manchester.
    Tony

The picture below is the odd one out, I first thought it could have been Karnival but as the cards are addressed to a place near Luebeck I’d have a guess at them wearing old uniforms, or perhaps they're doing a show at the local theatre.

Can anyone comment on the uniforms or ribbons/medals being worn? If they're not too blurred that is.

Tony

A search in the casualty list showed 14 hits to Arthur Ramm: http://des.genealogy.net/eingabe-verlustlisten/search/index

Most likely he´s the one from Reinfeld, Stormarn, who was wounded in early 1915 as an Unteroffizier in 2nd company / Brigade-Ersatz-Bataillon 36 (which on 15th July 1915 then formed the 3rd bataillon / IR 361) and was reported missing in 1918 as Offizier-Stellvertreter.

The pics on post 2 show definitive some guys wearing fantasy uniforms for a theatre play on the napoleonic era. I think the guy on the chair is to represent General Bluecher.

Gruß Stefan

Stefan,

Thanks very much indeed. Yes he's the one from Reinfeld.

That site is very interesting, I found two more men on there related to my wife, one of them was listed missing for almost a year before being reported as a prisoner.

Tony