News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown German Hat in ID section

Guys,

I have posted a what looks to me Naval hat although I see the word Jager on the paper lable in the Valuation/ID forum.

If anyone has an idea of what it is, I would be keen to know!

I will only post the one picture as I don't want to waste storage space.

Thanks in advance.

Jock :)

hello Jock.

It is what is known as a "Zweispitz" or, a two-points or fore/aft I believe so called in Great Britain.

German Navy Officers used to wear similar one into WW II. I am unaware of German Jaeger wearing such. They wore more of a hunting green wide brim hat with one side against the crown. The label may be in error, perhaps a theater prop?

Bernhard H. Holst

Edited by Bernhard H.Holst

Bernhard,

Thats what I thought but the lable is perhaps more readable to you, the bloke also said it was something to do with Jaeger based on the lable so that kind of threw me, there are some more pics in the ID forum, perhaps your eye is sharper being a native and all!

Thanks

Jock :)

Edited by Jock Auld

Hello Jock.

I have seen those pictures/label but they did not enlighten me at all.

This type hat may have been worn by some type of notables in cities on special occasions. However I have a hard time to associate this type of headgear with a hunter uniform or dress. Still it seems an interesting piece in good condition and worth keeping if you have the room.

You come up with some great finds. I hope that it will continue for you.

Bernhard H. Holst

Edited by Bernhard H.Holst