News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gas Siren and Original Photo

I'm always excited to see period photos of odd-ball pieces of gear that might be somewhat questionable as to their vintage (WWI, Weimar, WWII).  I picked up this siren about 10 years ago off either German or French Ebay and while I know there is at least one in a museum in Belgium, I was always just a little skeptical it was actually WWI.  The period photo pretty much settled the question in my mind.  It works like a charm and the neighbors always know when I have folks over who have never heard or seen it before. You could probably hear this thing for miles!

2015-09-06 03.33.59.jpg

2015-09-06 03.34.15.jpg

2015-09-06 03.34.49.jpg

Gas Siren.jpg

Air-raids or gas, I'm sure it saw use in several situations.  It is indeed a great piece although maybe it's been over 10 years.  I think I got it before overseas shipping costs and transit times increased dramatically which seems to have started maybe 10-12 years ago.  Any guesses as to what might be hanging off the pole in the photo?  It almost looks like a cover for something.