News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Grandfathers medals, belgium ID please

Bobafett

Looking for help identifying a couple of my grandfathers medals from WW2, he served on a B26 Marauder with the 9th army air force.  

I am familiar with the US medals, and i have identified the bottom left as a Belgian croix de guerre, the bottom middle eludes my knowledge as does the bottom right (which looks similar to a faded Order of Leopold II (Knights)?

Thank you for your help!

Sgt Griswold USMC.

image (2).jpg

image (1).jpg

image.jpg

Sgt. Griswold:  The medal in the third image appears to be a knight of the Order of Leopold II on a British Military Cross ribbon. The cross in the middle of the second photo appears to be the New York State Conspicuous Service Cross.

Edited by Gunner 1

On 29-3-2016 at 04:52, Gunner 1 said:

Sgt. Griswold:  The medal in the third image appears to be a knight of the Order of Leopold II on a British Military Cross ribbon.

Hi,

I don't think so. The first idea, i.e. a faded blue and black ribbon for this knight class of the Order of Leopold II, is the correct one for me.

Regards,

Hendrik

• 2 weeks later...
    On 3/30/2016 at 02:38, Hendrik said:

Hi,

I don't think so. The first idea, i.e. a faded blue and black ribbon for this knight class of the Order of Leopold II, is the correct one for me.

Regards,

Hendrik

I agree, I have a few on period ribbons just like that.