News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Major changes in MVD awards

TacHel

Ministerial orders 989 of October 31, 2012 and 602 of August 6, 2013 have completely reformed MVD awards.  The earlier creating new awards, the latter abrogating the older ones.

The current medals of the MVD of Russia are:

Medal "For Valour In Service" (Медаль «За Доблесть В Службе»)

Medal "For Military Valour" (Медаль «За Воинскую Доблесть»)

Medal "For Explosives Disposal" (Медаль «За разминирование»)

Medal "For Courage During a Rescue" (Медаль «За смелость во имя спасения»)

Medal "For Merit in Service in Special Circumstances" (Медаль «За заслуги в службе в особых условиях»)

Medal "For Military Cooperation" (Медаль «За Боевое Содружество»)

Medal "For Labour Valour" (Медаль «За трудовую доблесть»)

Medal "For Impeccable Service in the MVD" (Медаль «За безупречную службу в МВД»)

Medal "For Distinction In Service" 1st, 2nd & 3rd classes (Медаль «За Отличие В Службе» I, II и III степени)

Medal "For Contribution to Strengthening the Rule of Law" (Медаль «За вклад в укрепление правопорядка»)

UNSURE ABOUT STATUS:

Medal "For the Promotion of Interior Troops" (Медаль «За Содействие ВВ МВД»)

Medal "85 Years of Police Patrols and Sentry Services" (Медаль «85 Лет Патрульно-постовой службе милиции»)

Jubilee medal "100 years of international police cooperation" (Юбилейная медаль «100 лет международному полицейскому сотрудничесву»)

All other medals have been abrogated.

The current decorations of the MVD of Russia are:

Decoration "Honoured Fellow of the MVD" (Нагрудный знак «Почетный сотрудник МВД»)

Decoration "For Distinguished Service in Special Circumstances" (Нагрудный знак «За отличие в службе в особых условиях»)

Decoration "For Excellent Service in the MVD" 1st & 2nd classes (Нагрудный знак «За отличную службу в МВД»  I и II степени)

Decoration "For Distinction in Service of Interior Troops of Russia" 1st & 2nd classes (Нагрудный знак «За отличие в службе ВВ МВД России» I и II степени)

Decoration "Excellent Police" (Нагрудный знак «Отличник полиции»)

Decoration "For the Promotion of the MVD" (Нагрудный знак «За Содействие МВД»)

Decoration "Participant in Combat Operations" (Нагрудный знак «Участник боевых действий»)

All other decorations have been abrogated.

Edited by TacHel

Abrogated medals - no longer awarded by the MVD

Medal "For Merit in the Activities of Special Units" (Медаль «За заслуги в деятельности специальных подразделений»)

Medal "For Bravery in a Fire" (Медаль «За Отвагу На Пожаре»)

Medal "For Merit in Aviation" (Медаль «За Заслуги в Авиации»)

Medal "For Merit in Management Activities" 1st, 2nd and 3rd classes (Медаль «За Заслуги в управленческой деятельности» I, II и III степени)

Medal "200 Years of the Ministry of Internal Affairs" (Медаль «200 Лет Министерство Внутренних ДЕЛ»)

Medal "70 Years of the Economic Security Units of the MVD of Russia" (Медаль «70 Лет подразделениям экономической безопасности МВД России»)

Medal "100 Years of Canine Units of the MVD of Russia" (Медаль «100 лет кинологическим подразделениям МВД России»)

Medal "200 Years of Interior Troops" (Медаль «200 лет внутренним войскам МВД России»)

Abrogated decorations - no longer awarded by the MVD

Decoration "Exemplary Worker of the Criminal Police" (Нагрудный знак «Лучший сотрудник криминальной милиции»)

Decoration "Exemplary District Police Inspector" (Нагрудный знак «Лучший участковый инспектор милиции»)

Decoration "Exemplary Employee of the Militia Patrol-Guard Service" Нагрудный знак «Лучший сотрудник патрульно-постовой службы милиции»)

Decoration "Exemplary Worker in Fire Prevention" (Нагрудный знак «Лучший работник пожарной охраны»)

Decoration "Exemplary Inspector of the Juvenile Division" (Нагрудный знак «Лучший инспектор по делам несовершеннолетних»)

Decoration "Exemplary Employee of Special Militia Units" (Нагрудный знак «Лучший сотрудник специальных подразделений милиции»)

Decoration "Exemplary Investigator" (Нагрудный знак «Лучший следователь»)

Decoration "Exemplary Detective" (Нагрудный знак «Лучший дознаватель»)

Decoration "Excellent Militia" (Нагрудный знак «Отличник милиции»)

Decoration "Excellent Fire-fighter" (Нагрудный знак «Отличный пожарный»)

Decoration "200 Years of the MVD of Russia" (Нагрудный знак «200 лет МВД России»)

Decoration "200 Years of Interior Troops of Russia" (Нагрудный знак «200 лет внутренним войскам МВД России»)

Decoration "For Faithful Duty" (Нагрудный знак «За верность долгу»)

Decoration "For Distinction" in Non-Departmental Security of the MVD (Нагрудный знак «За Отличие» вневедомственной охраны МВД)

Decoration "For Distinction in Service in the GAI" 1st & 2nd classes (Нагрудный знак «За отличие в службе ГАИ» I и II степени)

Edited by TacHel

I went through my website last night updating it. Now I'll have to do the same for the OMSA database... :)

Thanks for all the hard work ferreting out this information, Frank - really appreciated.

Edited by Megan

Apologies, the Decoration "Participant in Combat Operations" (Нагрудный знак «Участник боевых действий») is still awarded.  The 2013 order annulled it's 2000 creation order but the 2012 Order confirmed its active standing.  Sorry for the temporary confusion.

• 4 months later...

I can’t really help with the individual medals listed above, but I can honestly add that the Internal Troops medals will ALL be gone soon, if they aren’t already. That’s mainly because the Internal Troops don’t exist anymore, and were broken off from the wider MVD and rebranded the (Russian) National Guard in April 2016. Other MVD forces like the special police units (OMON and SOBR) were pulled away too, leaving just the regular police/Militia to comprise the MVD from now on.

The National Guard has been slow to stand up, but I’d be curious if anyone’s seen evidence of any new insignia or orders/decorations/medals that you could post here…

Gaffken

Wow!  How on Earth did I miss that?  No more VV MVD...  Dang... :o

Is OMON going into the Ministry of Justice or the FSB?

OMG I hadn't thought of that...  They'll produce new awards...  Megan'll l-o-v-e that!  :D

Edited by TacHel

>  Is OMON going into the Ministry of Justice or the FSB?

Oops, sorry...poor wording. I meant that along with the VV, OMON and SOBR were pulled over to the National Guard, too. No change to the Justice Ministry or FSB though. All that's left of the MVD now is the civil police and the counter-narcotics folks (the former FSKN; it was reabsorbed into the MVD back in April too)...

23 hours ago, Gaffken said:

>  Is OMON going into the Ministry of Justice or the FSB?

Oops, sorry...poor wording. I meant that along with the VV, OMON and SOBR were pulled over to the National Guard, too. No change to the Justice Ministry or FSB though. All that's left of the MVD now is the civil police and the counter-narcotics folks (the former FSKN; it was reabsorbed into the MVD back in April too)...

OMON to the National Guard?  How incredibly odd!  :wacky:  It's the equivalent to SWAT...