News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Need help to identify Order badge

Hi,

I came across a picture of my great-grandfather and noticed he wore an order badge. He was from Romania/Hungary area. I have no idea how he got it. Could you please identify this order and what it means, ranks, etc...? I would appreciate any and all help.

Thank you.

12341.jpg

Edited by JohnSm
    updated

Hello JohnSm;

Welcome to GMIC. 

Regarding your Great-Grandfather's pin.  I can't match this piece to any Romanian medal or order I know of.  Maybe it's societal pin to a group, fraternity, club membership or tradesman association.  Note, that he is wearing it on his lapel.  If it was a Kingdom of Romanian decoration I would thought that he would have it on his left breast pocket.  

There may be a chance that others on this site may be immediately familiar with this pin and will be able to identity it in a second.

I have to imagine that the rest of the photo offers no clues to who your Great-Grandfather was and what he did?

It's a small hope, but it appears you "digitally" zoom the photo of the badge/pin.  With the original photo, use a REALLY powerful magnifying glass and "optically" zoom the area and photo that area.  ....yes, it does take some skill to line up the magnifying glass AND the camera to take the picture.