News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KVK1 with Swords - Real or Fake ?

Hello

I have this KVK1 with Swords in my collection about which I have always harboured doubts as to it's originality. I would be extremely grateful for your opinions on it. As you will see from the scans, unfortunately the pin is missing.

One way or the other I would like to find out once and for all if it is the genuine article or just another fake. It measures 48mm x 48mm when measured across the extreme points of the cross and weighs 24 grams. Most of the 'frosting' is still in evidence as are the polished highlights.

Any and all comments and opinions warmly welcomed.

Many thanks.

Regards

David

David,

I fear that this is one of the more recent better quality copies. These are being sold by EGFrames in the UK. If you have a look on their website and compare the exactly profile shape on the reverse shot, it seems to match yours, albeit the hinge block on theirs seems slightly larger than yours. The retaining clip matches too.

http://www.egframes.co.uk/german05b.htm#tr05large

Hello Gordon

Many thanks for that. At least my suspicions about it were correct. It can now in my fake drawer, which fortunately only contains two items - this and an EK1 I bought about 12 years.