News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with Research- French ID Tag with Medals

captainofthe7th

Hi all -- I have another plea for help with this small group.  There was a discussion here in which a few members had a lot of info regarding a French dog tag and I was hoping I could start a similar topic.  I have reached out to a few French offices for help, but I have either not heard back or they've redirected my request.  My biggest question is: do these belong together?  I want this group to be authentic as it was one that I missed years ago and it recently appeared on ebay again.  For the price it was worth the risk.

Next question and perhaps my main goal outside of authenticity - who is Joseph Fargues and what is his service history?  Who might I be able to contact to obtain his service file?

I first emailed Service Historique de la Défense - they referred me to the Centre des Archives du personnel Militaire who referred me to the Archives de Paris who I have yet to hear back from.  What's next?  Does anyone here offer onsite research?

Thank you,

Robert

fargues-1.jpg

fargues-2.jpg