News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

State Office Cap Eagle?

Hi,

I received this State cap eagle in an insignia lot a couple months back, and was wondering what department exactly it belongs to. I know it is probably a Government or State Authority Cap Badge of some kind because the eagle is facing the opposite way (left) than the military eagles. It is marked extremely tiny on the reverse of the eagle head RZM M/117. It had a lot more ver de gris on it when I got it, but I rubbed some off to clean it up a bit, as it was covered. The cockade came in the same lot and I was wondering if it is a match. I have a couple other matching cap eagle/cockade sets in the Heer and Kriegsmarine section from the same lot.

Any info on this charming little cap eagle would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

It appears to be the common cap eagle produced for the Reichspost, Reichsbahn, Zoll, Staatsforstdienst and a few other civil state service organizations. You can see it in the Assmann catalogue. It's the exception to the rule that only NSDAP equipment was RZM marked.

M1/17 was a common maker.

Edited by Gold Party Pin Guy

• 3 months later...

A belated thanks Stephen on confirming the ID of this eagle for me,

It is always good to know you're detective work is correct, as I thought it was for the Forest Service or Post Office. This would be a civilian used eagle then and would only officer's have this eagle, or did any member of these organizations wear the cap eagle? Just a small question but it was on my mind.

Cheers,

Pat

A belated thanks Stephen on confirming the ID of this eagle for me,

It is always good to know you're detective work is correct, as I thought it was for the Forest Service or Post Office. This would be a civilian used eagle then and would only officer's have this eagle, or did any member of these organizations wear the cap eagle? Just a small question but it was on my mind.

Cheers,

Pat

The bronze version of this eagle was for all ranks of Forestry or EM in Customs (Zoll), according to the Assman catalogue. Reichspost is shown as all silver, although I'm sure I've seen bronze/copper in use as well.

Cheers,

Stephen

www.geocities.com/goldpartypin