News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Demjansk Shield in Brass!

Hello Gents,

Here is a wee pick up today..

I mint Demjansk shield. it was silver but this has worn away...

I am intruiged by the fact that it is brass also by the fact that it has an unusual pin arrangement on the back...

Any collectors out there with some variations to post so we can see the various types and pin styles??

Comments encouraged!

Cheers

Paul

here is the reverse with the two pronged pins....

Dont mind the middle section ...it looks to me that someone has used some stick type of stuff to glue it to a display board or something... :)

Edited by notned

• 1 month later...

Thanks Robin!.

One has to wonder why the fakers would go through so much trouble to make such a well detailed badge, then get the pins wrong...I mean.. that on the manufacturing side...the pins would be the easy part of the whole construction of the badge... :P

Another theory is that perhaps the manufacturers ( wartime) got some feedback from the Kreigsmarine that these badges rusted with sea air ( hence this one being brass)and snagged and came off easily due to the simple pin arrangement, so they made a special variation to combat these problems???

Or perhaps these variations are Manufacturers prototypes, and would have been on a display board, hence these ones being flat and with the different pin arrangement?? Hmm, food for thought...:)

Anyway i will go with the conclusions drawn by members more knowledgeable and experienced than I :)

Anither reason why i don't collect TR! :o

Many thanks for your input Robin! :beer:

Cheers

Paul

.......perhaps the manufacturers ( wartime) got some feedback from the Kreigsmarine that these badges rusted with sea air ( hence this one being brass)and snagged and came off easily due to the simple pin arrangement, so they made a special variation to combat these problems???

:cheeky: You made my day! :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky: