News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MK & APLA Awards and Uniforms

archie777

Hi Megan,

I will definitely do so. 

When I got my first complete miniature set, all ribbons were attached with the names of each medal.

Somewhere someone got confussed and changed the ribbons of the gold and silver bravery awards and change the MK and APLA bravery awards.

The certificates were changed according to the mistake.

Unfortunately no concrete confirmation, only the OC's word of the Medal Section.

All MK awards have only 3 colours on the ribbons, but look at their bravery medals.

Regards

Archie

Hi Megan,

On the Bravery Gold and Silver, the first pictures posted, is the current issue and the certificates was printed like that too

Still busy with the last MK awards, then APLA

Regards

Archie

Right, so the original intention was a red & yellow ribbon for the Gold Stars and a red & white one for the Silver Stars, only somehow they got switched and they decided to stick with that?

Fascinating tale... for the website I think I'll stick with 'colours as worn', but the backstory makes for interesting reading. Thank you for the insights.

Guess I'd better get on with my marking, it's almost 9am here and I really ought to go to work. (Yes, I work from home, so that means moving into my corner and firing up the big machine - currently curled up with a laptop & my breakfast coffee.)

Hi Megan,

Yes you are correct with the ribbons and they switched the top 3 awards for MK and APLA

I did display mine as awarded and not approved

Strongs there

Regards

Archie