News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help identify breastplate, please

I ask for help in identifying the breastplate, raised from the ground with a metal detector, near the city of Aachen, Germany, a new model nut. In general, several signs were raised. But most of all I am interested in the tank sign. Colleagues, thank you.

Изображение WhatsApp 2024-06-16 в 00.21.20_bddf262f.jpg

Изображение WhatsApp 2024-06-16 в 00.21.19_ac75eeaa.jpg

Изображение WhatsApp 2024-06-16 в 00.21.20_ec42bd3d.jpg

Изображение WhatsApp 2024-06-16 в 00.23.41_91b4df41.jpg

Изображение WhatsApp 2024-06-16 в 00.22.09_9d189c37.jpg

Изображение WhatsApp 2024-06-16 в 00.22.09_13cc5bb1.jpg

Hi Alex,

the first two are US Army enlisted men's branch of service collar discs from the World War 2 era, the first one for Armour/Tank Corps, the second one for Infantry. These were not usually worn on combat clothing, but on four-pocket Class A or shorter two-pocket Ike service/walking-out jackets. They were worn on the left lapel, with an identical disc bearing the letters US on the right.

I can only make a guess about the last badge/coin/seal, but HZA Aachen might translate to Hauptzollamt Aachen - the customs office.

Best

Robert

8 hours ago, Guards Armoured said:

Hi Alex,

the first two are US Army enlisted men's branch of service collar discs from the World War 2 era, the first one for Armour/Tank Corps, the second one for Infantry. These were not usually worn on combat clothing, but on four-pocket Class A or shorter two-pocket Ike service/walking-out jackets. They were worn on the left lapel, with an identical disc bearing the letters US on the right.

I can only make a guess about the last badge/coin/seal, but HZA Aachen might translate to Hauptzollamt Aachen - the customs office.

Best

Robert

There is a website you might find useful for the last one.

I agree with Guards Armoured it’s a customs seal and this site 👇 is all about them.,,

bagseals.org

An interesting assortment 👍

cheers

tony 🍻

On 18.06.2024 at 21:30, Guards Armoured said:

Привет, Алекс,

первые два - это нагрудные знаки военнослужащих армии США времен Второй мировой войны, первый для бронетанковых / танковых корпусов, второй для пехоты. Обычно их носили не на боевой одежде, а на служебных / прогулочных куртках Ike класса А с четырьмя карманами или более коротких куртках с двумя карманами. Их носили на левом лацкане, а справа - идентичный диск с буквами US.

Я могу только догадываться о последнем значке / монете / печати, но HZA Aachen может переводиться как Hauptzollamt Aachen - таможня.

Лучшие

Роберт

Robert, thank you for your friendly help of the master, in relation to the beginner. I am extremely grateful, your quick response has helped a lot. We did not meet such badges, and my friends and I were honestly sure that it refers to the period of the great war

Tony, thank you, I've never seen customs signs before. It was instructive. Thank you.

16 hours ago, Farkas said:

Для последнего есть веб-сайт, который может оказаться полезным.

Я согласен с Guards Armored, это таможенная печать, и этот сайт 👇 посвящен им.,,

bagseals.org

Интересный ассортимент 👍

ура

тони 🍻

Tony, thank you, I've never seen customs signs before. It was instructive. Thank you.

Understandable to assume The Great War when the insignia uses the image of the WW1 tank 👍

I thought I’d add these just to give a bit of an idea how they looked…

04430897-DE7C-4AA6-8A68-AD228C1096BD.thumb.jpeg.bc2e9fb022b740d4a1c689c1cf16afb2.jpeg

16C630C8-7839-44C7-B5E6-C95421D7A29C.thumb.jpeg.924efc9f14882260afb93d51bc63478a.jpeg

D9275246-A4A8-4C1E-8A66-D1186B0DB3C0.thumb.png.bd6897a71096abad2136b54668c99b86.png

cheers

tony 🍻