News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help identifying artillery militia crest

Can anyone identify these odd combination of symbols: crown, cannon, fleur de lys, rose, hippopotamus (?), thistle, clover, anchor? It's made on silver dating to 1914. With "Liberty" on a banner. Could it be Colonial?

Thank you

anchor.jpg

On 31/07/2024 at 18:40, Dancula said:

Can anyone identify these odd combination of symbols: crown, cannon, fleur de lys, rose, hippopotamus (?), thistle, clover, anchor? It's made on silver dating to 1914. With "Liberty" on a banner. Could it be Colonial?

Thank you

anchor.jpg

That’s a very busy design, looks to me like  a lot of Royal, Military and heraldry imagery. those are used on coats of arms by families / individuals and also schools, universities, etc but I’m pretty sure the Kings crown and one or two other bits are not available for all to use.

I’m tempted to say.,.

Royal Liberty School 

Cadet force

Nothing to prove it.,.

BCE30029-D767-48C7-B81E-A40C97DC88BF.thumb.jpeg.a3ba187220d4c976b3f9a36a3943d7b5.jpeg

There is one but that’s all I have 😊

Cheers

tony 🍻

PS maybe an OTC?