News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Miniature - Republic of China - Order of Yon Hwei??

oamotme

Dear Gentlemen,

Not an order, just a medal: "Army, Navy and Air Force Medal / Lùhǎikōngjūn jiǎngzhāng".

Yours sincerely,

No one

Edited by No one

Many thanks.

I think 'Yon Hwei' is a mis-attribution from the inscription, 'Jun Kong Hai Lu'- see above.

From the link it is the 'Army, Navy, Air Force Medal (or Armed Forces Medal) in the following grades.

Senior Grade, 1st Class (gold)

Senior Grade, 2nd Class (silver)

Junior Grade, 1st Class (gold) 

Junior Grade, 2nd Class (silver) 

My miniature being silver appears to be the Senior Grade 2nd Class awarded to those of the rank of Major or above.

Regards,

Owain

Dear Gentlemen,

I found the  "Order of Yon Hwei"  Medal, Republic of China, Order of Yon-Hwei, Class III | National Air and Space Museum

This page is filled with errors.

The Doolittle medal should be like this one:

image.thumb.jpeg.d74e8a9a7eb27dd977ea3043e03826ca.jpeg

Yours sincerely,

No one

Dear oamotme,

I was preparing this new reply when you posted yours.

"My miniature being silver appears to be the Senior Grade 2nd Class awarded to those of the rank of Major or above.". Yes, it is a "A grade 2nd class" post 1951.

Yours sincerely,

No one

Edited by No one

• 2 weeks later...

The medal name is a "陆海空军奖章“,in chinese,"陆" mean is  "land",in there mean is "ground force","海" mean is"sea",in there mean is "navy","空" in there mean is "air force",so the translate is "armed force medal",Just like Sorth Vetnam,officer and common people receive different medal,such as this medal ,four class in medal ,"甲种一等(first class in officer)""甲种二等(second class in officer)""乙种一等(first class in common)""乙种二等(second class in common)"

The medal name is a "陆海空军奖章“,in chinese,"陆" mean is  "land",in there mean is "ground force","海" mean is"sea",in there mean is "navy","空" in there mean is "air force",so the translate is "armed force medal",Just like Sorth Vetnam,officer and common people receive different medal,such as this medal ,four class in medal ,"甲种一等(first class in officer)""甲种二等(second class in officer)""乙种一等(first class in common)""乙种二等(second class in common)".