News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some more SA/SS items from the collection

Hello gentlemen,

I will use this post to add more SS and SA items that I receive from now on (unless it's a really special or rare item) for your viewing and opinions. I have just received a couple more items in a big lot I purchased from a great guy here in the club. This early SA belt buckle is the centerpiece of the lot, and I am very happy with it. If anyone has any comments on it please let me know, it has already been posted a while back, but I have new scans and a new owner for it :P

Thanks,

Pat

Next up is an SS Bevo eagle that was a throw-in bonus, so I will be happy either way if it is original or repro. I am no expert on these, but it doesn't glow in blacklight. If anyone could lend their expertise on this that would really help out.

Thanks,

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

Well this SA buckle is Dan's old one that was posted earlier, so I know it is a good original, but any help on the bevo eagle is great. Again, no glow under blacklight and it has good stitching. Any help out there gents?

Cheers,

Pat

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

Just got a couple SA cap eagles in the mail today, had to warm up the scanner! First up is an SA political eagle (posted by Hauptman earlier) with the RZM M1/72 maker stamp on the back. It has a very nice patina and an original no doubt in my view. Here are some new scans.

Cheers,

Pat

Here is the other cap eagle I received from the mailman today. I am not 100% sure on the ID of this one, but it appears to be the same eagle used in NSDAP and SS documents, so it could be one of those. If anyone can help with the correct ID of this eagle that would be great. It looks like an early stamped piece, and it has no markings that I can see. Sharp details throughout as well. Could be a SA kepi eagle, which was mentioned as a possible ID by the seller (a member on this forum.)

Cheers,

Pat

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

Just a little more info on the Bevo eagle, it is fairly floppy and is not stiff, which I have recently found out is a good sign. And again, the threads do not glow under blacklight and it burns with no bundling at the end on the burn test. Either it is an esceptionally good fake or an unissued original I would estimate. Any thoughts?

Also, some bad news on the "SA Kepi" eagle (I believe it is properly ID'd, but not confirmed yet), as I was looking for a maker mark and one of the back prongs broke off extremely easily, I was quite shocked. So now it is a slightly damaged original Kepi eagle :(

The other SA cap eagle is still in good shape though!

Please leave your opinions or comments on these items as I would really appreciate any help,

Cheers,

Pat