News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

All insignia is originally sewn to the cap. However, as in many cases, the BeVo cockade is not on a black background but on a dark green one. Such mismatch was simply the result of supply problems with early produced caps.

Edited by Langemark

• 2 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

Hello Mark,

Lovely M38 you have there, I really like it. I'm glad to see you are still posting atleast on this forum.

I have a similar M38, it is Lago Berlin. The Manufature's date is 1941, yet the Depot stamp indicates 1940... this has me a little confused. Have you experienced this mix up of dates before?

Cheers.

Tom

Thank you Tom for your kind words. Indeed, for some reasons I felt I had to reduce my posts on the other Forum. Anyway, I won?t say more as I don?t want to use this Forum here as a ?Speaker?s Corner?. I simply hope that my humble contribution to this ?Gentlemans Forum? will be more serene.

To answer your question : yes, I have already seen such anachronisms concerning the stamps. I think the Depot not always rigidly adapted the dates. Beside this, everybody sometimes makes mistakes, even in the German Army ! I think, the best you could do is to start a new thread and post some pictures of your cap for comments ?

Best,

Mark

Beautiful cap ! I don't collect anymore caps or uniforms but I'm still interested to see beautiful items, especially Panzer. I own an officer M38 felgrau with pink soutache; it was named too with postnummer.

I hope that your thread will be followed by other .

jacques

Thank you Tom for your kind words. Indeed, for some reasons I felt I had to reduce my posts on the other Forum. Anyway, I won?t say more as I don?t want to use this Forum here as a ?Speaker?s Corner?. I simply hope that my humble contribution to this ?Gentlemans Forum? will be more serene.

To answer your question : yes, I have already seen such anachronisms concerning the stamps. I think the Depot not always rigidly adapted the dates. Beside this, everybody sometimes makes mistakes, even in the German Army ! I think, the best you could do is to start a new thread and post some pictures of your cap for comments ?

Best,

Mark

Hello Mark

I would love to, as soon as I become a full member I will post it here. I cant really post clear pics under 60k pretty darn annoying.

• 1 month later...