News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal "For Participation in the Military Victory Day Parade"

TacHel

• 2 months later...

A simple difference in regulations?

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the picture of this new medal. Yes, It'll be interesting to see which countries allow their troops to wear this medal.

Jean-Paul

Hello All -

The wearing if the medal by the US troops, at that parade, was a fantastic gesture. So, if it is against regulations, the person who made that descision for the troops to wear them, should be applauded - even if it is just a once off wearing of the medal.

As so often said on this forum - "jusy my few cents worth" 2014.gif

regards

Thomas

Hello All -

The wearing if the medal by the US troops, at that parade, was a fantastic gesture. So, if it is against regulations, the person who made that descision for the troops to wear them, should be applauded - even if it is just a once off wearing of the medal.

As so often said on this forum - "jusy my few cents worth" 2014.gif

regards

Thomas

I couldn't agree more with you Thomas. Even if meant as a simple gesture of courtesy, it was an extremely good call by whoever made it!

• 1 year later...

I "finally" found the text of the ministerial order:

Awarded to military and civilian personnel of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and to foreign troops, military formations and bodies, for active participation in the preparation of personnel, of weapons and of military equipment for the military parade on Victory Day in Moscow, in other Hero cities as well as in cities where military districts headquarters, fleets headquarters, combined forces headquarters as well as the Caspain Flotilla headquarters are located; for distinction during the military parade in Moscow, in other Hero cities, as well as in cities where military districts headquarters, fleets headquarters, combined forces headquarters as well as the Caspian Flotilla headquarters are located.

• 6 months later...
    • 8 months later...
    • 1 year later...

By order of the minister of defense of the Russian Federation number 955 of 2014, a special variant is authorized for the 70th anniversary parade.

The obverse has an image of the Order of the Patriotic War at top center and the reverse inscription "For participation in the military parade to mark the 70th anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945" (Медаль «За учаÑтие в военном параде в ознаменование 70-Ð»ÐµÑ‚Ð¸Ñ ÐŸÐ¾Ð±ÐµÐ´Ñ‹ в Великой ОтечеÑтвенной войне 1941-1945 гг) below a much reduced in size ministerial bicephalic eagle.

CLICK ON PIC FOR FULL SIZE