News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

I picked this group up recently. There are some interesting features - placing of the ribbons of and the lack of swords
    on the ww1 commemorative medals. Also, the placing of a wreath device on the Austrian commemorative medal
    must have been something of a personal choice or just to replace broken off swords... haven't seen this before...

I've added a closeup shot of one of the enameled wreath devices - the enamelling is microscopic thin :D

Hope you like the pictures, all comments welcome :)

I am wondering what the last ribbon on the bottom two (second to last on the top one) is supposed to be. From the colors and position, I would assume it is supposed to stand for a Bulgarian War Commemorative Medal, but the edge stripes are not the right width. Maybe a "close enough" substitute, but I don't recognize it.

So a Württemberger who likely ended World War I with 8-12 years of service and returned in the 1934-36 as an E-officer. He got the 4-year DA on 2 October 1936, and reached 12 years' service between then and 1939, adding the second DA ribbon and the Austrian War Commemorative Medal. Then around 1940, he added the Schutzwall Decoration and the Hungarian War Commemorative Medal. An E-officer, even in the rear doing something like running a Wehrmeldeamt, would probably have eventually gotten a 1939 War Merit Cross with Swords, but by that point he might not have bothered with remounting.

I am wondering what the last ribbon on the bottom two (second to last on the top one) is supposed to be. From the colors and position, I would assume it is supposed to stand for a Bulgarian War Commemorative Medal, but the edge stripes are not the right width. Maybe a "close enough" substitute, but I don't recognize it.

Medal for Tyrol.