News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bergman MP34 (BMPP34)

Gordon Craig

I haven't posted to this forum before so it is time before I get rid of the last of my firearms.  First of all, do not confuse the Berman MP34 with the Styre Solothurn MP 34.  They are completely different firearms.  The BMP 34 was designed by Theodor Emil Bergman.  Son and heir to the Theodor Bergman Industiewerke.  The first of this guns was the BMP 32 which was purchase by Denmark.  The BMP 34 was a modification of the BMP 32 that relocated the safety among other small changes in design.  There are numerous statements on the web as to who built what for who as far as the BMP was concerned and I have not been able to confirm any of them.  Period pictures prove that the SS and the Italian Army used the BMP 34.  Here are pictures of the BMP 34 from my collection plus a couple of photos of it in war time use by the SS and the Italian Army.

The BMP 34 has an interesting trigger arrangement.  There two triggers.  Pulling  the first one allows for single shots to be fired.  Pulling further, which engages the second trigger allows for automatic fire.  They can be found with the magazine feeding from either side.  At first, there was 9 mm mag designed for this gun.  I am told that eventually they were modified to use the MP 18 magazines but I have no proof of that.  My guns magazine housing is on the shooters right.

Regards,

Gordon

BERGMANN 1.JPG

clipboarddpu9.jpg

mp-34-bergmann-submachine-gun-ww2-diagram.jpg

DSCF5329.jpg

DSCF5330.jpg

DSCF5331.JPG

DSCF5332.jpg

Hi Gordon,

An interesting weapon and one well worth adding to any collection. The right mounted clip is indeed unique and I have often wondered why this was done.  My collection of sub machine guns are all mounted facing to the right so my Stens have to be displayed without the mag in the weapons.

Thanks for posting this interesting and historic arm.

Regards

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Very interesting and seldom seen SMG.

I always enjoyed the interwar SMGs because the quality of materials and finish were of the highest standards then available.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Douglas.