News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown WW1 or WW2 German Navy cloth badge

Guest Rick Research

Imperial navy Zahlmeister Applikant-- which your Rudolf Grossmann would have been in 1902 when he was off the coast of Venezuela.

Here is my paymaster B?ning as an OBERapplikant (crown over the anchor)

Guest Rick Research

Some white summer tunic Engineer cadet ranks:

The borders distinguished these young men as Officer Candidates in the long years before they were commissioned, as compared with regular Petty Officers.

Rick,

Have you noticed that nearly all of the blue on white cadet patches that have shown up are machinist related? Somebody must have found a bunch of them about twenty years ago. That's when I got mine and saw others for sale. I just wish I had had the foresight to have gotten them all at the time. I just settled for the one Obermaschinistenapplikant example. Would the three patches you show above be, Maschinistenapplikant, Maschinistenmaatapplikant and Obermaschinistenapplikant?

Chip

Guest Rick Research

Oberanw?rter (I think--device in oval being same as a Gefreiter), Applikant(like a Maat) and Oberapplikant (like an Obermaat), with their branch attached to those ranks.

Yeah, I've had these 20-25 years. they were dementedly expensive then, which is why I got them one at a time over some years from different places. The prices have remained clinically insane ever since, and I swear every such patch currently on offer in Germany has been for sale from the same dealers alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll this time. :speechless:

Paymaster related, here is B?ning as Marine Zahlmeister Oberanw?rter, 1910-11: it is a "daisy" like rosette in the border, but yellow doesn't show well on dark blue in these old photos:

The insignia next to it for comparison in living color is Andr? H?sken's--and has been I swear for at least 15 years. At ? 140 :speechless1: it will never be mine and will be his heirs' until the end of time. I just cannot see that there is any DEMAND for any of the Imperial insignia at such grotesque prices. :banger: