News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

B&N L pilot badge original?

Thanks for the new pictures, Martin.

I have been comparing your badge to my example and the obverse matches. The problem I have is the reverse. Rivets, maker mark and to a certain extent the hinge do not match known originals!

There are times, with certain non-textbook badges when photos are just not enough and the collector has to resort to the technical side of the badge. Without the benefit of an in-hand inspection of the piece, I can only suggest that the way forward is to take accurate measurements and weight which, through the process of elimination, should hopefully give us a better idea of its originality.

I will say; if this badge is a copy....it is the best I’ve ever seen.

Hi Martin

I agree with JTW 100%. It looks really good from the front, but the maker's mark looks skewed, which is very unusual, plus the rivets have that look as if they don't fit correctly or that they've been messed with. Hinge and pin are also different from known originals. Given all this, I would not feel good about having the badge in my collection. There would always be that question in the back of my mind about it.

Steve

Thanks....Yes, its really detailled and well finished. You would not expect it from common fakes.

What do you think of the small frosting traces on the innerside of the wreath??

That could be a good sign, I would say...Its also a heavy one.

Best

Martin