News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Und die pointy kind you don't vant to fly in die balloon mit! :P

[attachmentid=52235]

[attachmentid=52236]

[attachmentid=52237]

[attachmentid=52238]

And yes, this one needs to be cleaned. Probably yet another project for tomorrow. ;)

Dan :cheers:

Hauptmann,

You've got a good crop of mold growing there. You need to get that helmet out of the humidity! :)

Chip

Hi Chip,

Yeah, noticed that when I did the pics last night. :o It's cropped up before. Thing is we live in a very dry state. I keep the basement ventilated and it too is very dry. But this stuff popped up our first partial summer here. And try as I might I can't seem to kill it. :violent: I've even moved stuff around the house and yet it keeps coming back. :banger: It seems to love to live on certain types of leather.

Any ideas on how to kill it off for once and for all? There must be some cleaning or something that won't harm the leather but will get rid of the mold.

Thanks, :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Hauptmann,

There are all sorts of products that will get rid of mold. The problem is that it's anyones guess what they will do to the leather. Once an item gets mold on it, it is very hard to get all of it off. You usually end up just stirring it around. What I do, which seems to work, is spray a cloth with some surface disinfectant that specifically kills mold and apply it. You have got to get to every nook and cranny that you can. The better you clean it off the longer it will take to reestablish. I then go back over the leather with Pecards, which protects the leather and inhibits the regrowth of the mold. Perhaps there are others that have better solutions. If so, I would love to hear them.

Chip

Hauptmann,

There are all sorts of products that will get rid of mold. The problem is that it's anyones guess what they will do to the leather. Once an item gets mold on it, it is very hard to get all of it off. You usually end up just stirring it around. What I do, which seems to work, is spray a cloth with some surface disinfectant that specifically kills mold and apply it. You have got to get to every nook and cranny that you can. The better you clean it off the longer it will take to reestablish. I then go back over the leather with Pecards, which protects the leather and inhibits the regrowth of the mold. Perhaps there are others that have better solutions. If so, I would love to hear them.

Chip

Hi Chip,

This gave me a thought... I went ahead and started a post over in the Preservation and Restoration section. So hoping we'll get some helpful hints over there.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10817

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan