News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgaria Queen Clementine Medal

Hello

I'm a new member and have to say a really fantastic site :D purchased a silver Queen Clementine medal, wanting to know just how many of the medals were issued? The obverse crowned with a "K" and reverse a fleur-de-lis. Any info on this medal would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi and Welcome to this club.

Many of us would like to help you with your thriving start,

but mind... You have gone on a slippery hill... the way just goes downwards, deeper in to the militaria!!

Good luck with it.

P.s

We love to see a picture of every medal we discuss.

Kind regards,

Jacky

Hi and Welcome to this club.

Many of us would like to help you with your thriving start,

but mind... You have gone on a slippery hill... the way just goes downwards, deeper in to the militaria!!

Good luck with it.

P.s

We love to see a picture of every medal we discuss.

Kind regards,

Jacky

Thanks for the welcome. I apologize for not having the pictures already to you. I tried to send it out and was unable to. Know the problem pictures to large to be sent. Hopefully will figure out the HP foto imagery and reduce picture size. Terrible with computers reason for delay..... my sad excuse

hello Yankee,

may I can help a little:

the decoration was instituted on 22 May / 3 June 1899 by a Princely Rescript on the occasion of the 80th anniversary of Princess Clementine, the Mother of Bulgaria?s Ruling Monarch - Prince (later King) Ferdinand I. It came in three classes - Gold, Silver and Bronze, to be awarded to all officers, non-commissioned officers and enlisted men serving in the 9 th Infantry Plovdiv Regiment which was placed under the patronage of Princess Clementine. The Gold badge was bestowed upon senior officers, the Silver - upon junior officers (up to captain), the Bronze - upon non-commissioned officers and enlisted men, all serving in the Regiment, for long and loyal service.

The badge was worn on the left breast, suspended from a black ribbon with blue border stripes on both sides.

best wishes

Uwe (Bretzen)

hello Yankee,

may I can help a little:

the decoration was instituted on 22 May / 3 June 1899 by a Princely Rescript on the occasion of the 80th anniversary of Princess Clementine, the Mother of Bulgaria?s Ruling Monarch - Prince (later King) Ferdinand I. It came in three classes - Gold, Silver and Bronze, to be awarded to all officers, non-commissioned officers and enlisted men serving in the 9 th Infantry Plovdiv Regiment which was placed under the patronage of Princess Clementine. The Gold badge was bestowed upon senior officers, the Silver - upon junior officers (up to captain), the Bronze - upon non-commissioned officers and enlisted men, all serving in the Regiment, for long and loyal service.

The badge was worn on the left breast, suspended from a black ribbon with blue border stripes on both sides.

best wishes

Uwe (Bretzen)

Hi Bretzen

Many thanks for all that great info. That is the date on my medal and the ribbon color as you describe. I can assume only a handful of gold ones were ever issued then. Was it an elite regiment ? I don't see any other official Bulgarian medals given out to other regiments. I wonder if other Bulgarian regiments were placed under the patronage of a royal person.

Sincerely

Yankee

Hi Bretzen

Many thanks for all that great info. That is the date on my medal and the ribbon color as you describe. I can assume only a handful of gold ones were ever issued then. Was it an elite regiment ? I don't see any other official Bulgarian medals given out to other regiments. I wonder if other Bulgarian regiments were placed under the patronage of a royal person.

Sincerely

Yankee

whow...

four times the same image??

But I can understand why your image is soon too big for the post..

All the remainder of the scan could have been cut off!

This would reduce your file and make it possible to give a bigger scan of the medal itself.

Do you happen to have a scan of the reverse??

kind regards,

Jacky

You have passed the test ;)

What a wonderfull medal!

I like the black with blue of the ribbon,

but most of all, the fleur-de-lis on the reverse.

Was this queen of french origin??

Kind regards,

Jacky

Yes she was it fact her son was Czar Ferdinand l Bulgaria

Sincerely

Yankee