News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Price Guide for Masonic Medals

I`d very much like to hear from anyone who can give me a rough idea of a price guide for Masonic Medals, especially, the Hall Jewel and the Hospital Jewel?

On ebay the Hall Jewel sells for anything from ?36 to ?56 (I was out bid on both occassions!!!). The Hospital Jewel, I`ve picked up one for ?7.50 and one for ?11.50.

I`ve only just started to collect these medals, and would very much like to hear from only collectors so that I can gauge the prices, paid for these items.

Guest WAR LORD

As I know there is no price structure for these Jewels. This is an area of colecting that has as yet not been touched serriously. As I said before these are extreemly beautiful and well made. They are rare because of the number produced. The Masters Jewel by nature is presented one a year. So in a Lodge that has been established 100 years at most there can only be 100. But it is traditional to donate the jewel back on the death of the holder to be represented. Thus the number is greatly reduced. I show a unique St Andrew jewel with a Second bar. This was awarded to the first Master and subsequently the Grandson went through the chair of the same Lodge. This is a very unusual occurance. Thus by special dispensation the Jewel was give with second term bar. What price? You find also the a Master might go through the chair twice in the same Lodge, again an unusual occurance and would be given a second bar. Hence if this happens in a Lodge the number of Masters Jewels is reduced.

All I would say is that these are wonderful to collect and are tied up with British history. Military Lodges abound and such people as Kippling was a mason. He founded a lot of his books on Masonic experiences.