News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Leipzig Fair Tinnie Database

• Replies 55
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...

I'm not 100% sure that it is mother of pearl but it sure looks like it to me. May I enquire as to why the tinnie is marked 1941 on the front while the backs are marked 1942? My 2 are so marked also. By the way, the two of mine are sequencialy numbered. The first is # 93568 and the second # is 93569.I am experiencing some troubles with my close up pictures. I hope to have that resolved soon. Practice makes perfect.

• 1 month later...

New member, first post.

I found Ralphs posting while googling for information regarding this small metal button that I found :-)

On the front it says "REICHSMESSE LEIPZIG * FR?HJAHR 1940". See next post for the reverse side.

Here it is:

RM_Fruhjahr_1940_Front.jpg

It weighs 8 grams and measures exactly 3 cm in diameter. It it quite rough to the touch.

There is another page with a similar pin here.

Regards,

Henrik N. Hansen

continuing....

The reverse side says:

"SCHMIDT & BRUCKMANN A.G. PFORZHEIM"

"7102"

"LEIPZIGER-HERBSTMESSE 1940 BEGINN 25. AUGUST"

Here it is:

RM_Fruhjahr_1940_Reverse.jpg

Can I ask some questions regarding these Reichsmesse Leipzig?

- What kind of fair are we talking about, and which items would be sold? Toys, art, books, arms ?

- Would anyone have a list of participants? To me, this would be very interesting to discover as this particular pin has been used, I'm quite sure, by a close relative visiting germany approx. 1 month before denmark was invaded on 9. april 1940.

- I gather that the participants would be representatives of companies and not private citizens. Correct?

Regards, and thanks

Henrik N. Hansen

Welcome to the forum Henrik, I'm not sure that I know the answers to your questions but here's some info I picked up while visiting N?rnberg last year.

There's a great toy museum there & in it is a large display regarding the toy fairs held in the city. According to the display these fairs were originally held in Leipzig until the end of the war when due to the difficulties of traders being able to pass from West to East Germany it was moved to N?rnberg. Whether these fairs were the ones for these badges I do not know.

You are correct however that the fairs (& badges) were for company representatives & not for the general public.

Cheers

Don

• 1 month later...
    • 3 years later...
    • 7 months later...