News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bishop`s Gate Police Station WW2

Hi Guys,

I`m doing a little research into Bishop`s Gate Police Station, during WW2. I believe it was bombed during the war. Can anyone tell me anything about this incident?

I recently bought an LSGC, to an Officer who served there from 1922 to 1953.

Anything anyone can tell me would be of great interest.

Gordon. beer.gif

City of London Police Long Service and Good Conduct Medal, GVI issue correctly named to Const. William E. Ceeney, in box of issue. Sold with a letter from City of London Police providing brief details of service.

William Edward Ceeney joined the City of London Police aged 22 years 3 months on 21 April 1927. He retired on 21 October 1952 as 'PC 447 C' at Bishopsgate Police Station.

The City Of London Police are of course one of the most famous Forces in the World, being responsible for policing the 'square mile' at the heart of London. During the Second World War this was the most bombed area in the UK, and Ceeney will have undoubtedly played an active role during the blitz. (Bishopsgate station was itself subject to a direct hit).