News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The ugliest medal bar I have found.

I bought this one and I am still not sure why. It does have a ton of character and maybe I felt sorry for it like it was the last kid to get picked for a team. The owner was proud of his medals and very cheap. I see three versions of the bar.

First is the post war 1920's bar - BMVK3 through the 9 year long service. Did he have to purchase the two vet medals or just apply for them?

Second, he took half of the long service ribbon off to add the fire medal. I think it is glued on!

Finally he simply made the two place extention for his post 1934 medals. Interesting to see the timeline of medals and how the regulations were ignored.

Sal, are you out there or off on another vacation? I do not know if the BMVK3 had swords orginally or not. I think you have one cased - would you post a picture please? The ribbon seems like it is for the swords version and that would certainly make sense so either my swords fell off or someone did me a favor and switched to this cross.

If any of you have a bar that you think is ugly post it here!! :beer:

Guest Rick Research

I've never understood being proud enough to wear medals but indifferent to what they LOOKED like BEING worn. Yup, that MVK had Xs once.

I'da been a vaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin peacock, me. :cheeky::cheers: