News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New addition - Identification -Thailand ?

Brian Wolfe

Hello Everyone,

This medal just arrived and I bought it listed as being from India. I knew it was not from India when I purchased it and suspected it to be from Thailand. The medal is hinged to the hanger and is made of a light metal but I don't think it is aluminum as it is too heavy for it to be made of that material. The ribbon looks to fit the hanger in a neat manner so as to lead me to think is is original.

Can anyone shed some light as to the country of origin, what is was issued for, the date of issue and whether the ribbon is correct or not?

Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

To amplify HUgh's comments, it was issued for the 5 May 1950 coronation of Bhumibol, the current king (Rama IX) and now the longest reigning monarch in the world.

Thanks for the supplement, Jeff. I couldn't remember the date, and my book is almost all in Thai.

Hugh